Wednesday 4 April 2012

Thirty-four (and a half) Weeks

Here I go, posting so late in the week again! I'm still using the excuse that I'm super busy unpacking...which isn't entirely untrue. In case you missed the news over on my other blog, I'm starting my own photography business, and have been busy this week putting the final touches on my website.

But now, on to the belly shot! 


For the next five and half weeks or so (YIKES!) the baby will mostly be putting on fat and getting nice and plump for her arrival. She should be about 5 lbs or so right now and is gaining about a half a pound a week. If, for some reason, she decided to show up SUPER early to the party, as long as there weren't any pre-existing conditions, she should be just fine. Not that we want her to show up early, but it's a relief to know that in case something did happen she would be pretty safe and well developed.

I'm finding it harder and harder to go about my day as I normally would. Along with the typical third trimester fatigue I also find it hard to be on my feet for more than a couple hours at a time. Which makes unpacking a house kind of difficult. One way to get around this is to wear my running sneakers all the time (shoes with little to no support are now stashed at the back of my closet) which is extra attractive on a pregnant lady. I'm also finding it harder to bend down to pick things up, and it's even worse trying to get back up! I regulated myself to a two hours on/one hour off schedule this week and it seems to be working a lot better. I've noticed that I'm even starting to outgrow some of my maternity clothes!! Shirts and tanks are getting shorter and there is no way I'm going to sport a crop top this late into my pregnancy. I don't really want to invest in a lot more clothes since I'll only be wearing them for a few more weeks, but I think I'm going to have to break down and get a couple more items (hopefully ones that I can continue to wear after Baby C arrives) to get me through the final weeks.

We are going away for a little (but VERY much needed) vacation this weekend - a "baby-moon" I think people call it these days. We are headed out west (but not too far, don't worry) and I see a lake, sunny weather and a spa in our immediate future. Have a wonderful Easter and Passover weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment