Thursday 19 April 2012

The Luckiest Little Girl

I - or better yet, Baby C - is incredibly lucky to have such loving and caring family and friends. We were blessed with not one but three baby showers!  She is already surrounded with people who love her and can't wait to meet her - she's a lucky little girl. And I am a lucky woman. I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who organized, came and shared in all of my baby showers over the last couple of months. Each one was special to me and I will always remember it!

The first shower was thrown by my awesome friends in London. It was a small get together at a friends house and was such a perfect afternoon. We had a chance to talk and catch up, eat some amazing food and open lots of presents for Baby C. As happy as I am to be back in the USA I sure do miss my London friends. Luckily one of the gifts we received was a London double decker bus rattle - something to always remember them by! THANK YOU girls for such a special afternoon!




The second shower was thrown by my mother-in-law last month. She had some help from some wonderful friends setting up and it was a great party. I got to see a lot of people that I hadn't seen since our wedding (almost two years ago - eek!) as well as some of my close girlfriends. We played games, had a tea party and consumed way too many cupcakes (or was that just me). I also got to see myself made out of fondant - not too bad if you ask me! It was a super busy day and man was I exhausted by the end of it, but it was so much fun - I wish it lasted longer so I had more time to visit with everyone!  THANK YOU to Brian's mom for throwing me such a wonderful shower!






It was back to back shower weekends while I was in NY last month and the final shower was thrown by my mom and sister.  They invited over all of my family and our family friends and I had such a great time seeing everyone. By this point Baby C was so spoiled in how much attention she was getting! Usually she just has to deal with me talking to her all day long, but by the end of the trip she got to meet so many wonderful people.  I had a great time catching up with everyone and my mom and sister did an awesome just putting together a Spring themed shower with a delicious spread - I'm allowed to have Beer Bread during pregnancy, right?? And there were more mouthwatering cupcakes...I'm starting to notice a pattern! Wonder how they figured out I like cupcakes.... ;)

A big THANK YOU goes out to my mom and sis for putting my shower together - it was perfect!




And last but not least a big THANK YOU to everyone who attended each one of the baby showers. I know we are all super busy these days and it really meant a lot to me (and to Baby C) that you could all come and help us celebrate. Having your first child only happens once and it means the world to me that you were all able to share in the special occasion with me. I can't wait to tell her about each and every one of you and how special you all are to us! She is the luckiest little girl to be surrounded by so much love (and so are we).

1 comment:

  1. How fun! :D Looks like Baby C will have a lot of ladies who love her! :D

    Caroline
    Chocolate & Carrots

    ReplyDelete