Wednesday 1 May 2013

Watch Me Grow - Week 49 (and a half)

I can't believe there are only three weeks (well, more like two and a half) until Kaitlin turns one year old. It is really hard for me to wrap my head around!


Week forty nine brought a few exciting developments - including clapping, a ton of walking and even a new tooth! I had been teaching Kaitlin to clap for a few weeks now. I alway showed her how and would sing "Pat-a-cake" over and over again. And then one day, like so many other things, she just started randomly doing it on her own! And now she claps for EVERYTHING! And loves to look at you when she's doing it almost as if she's saying, "Look! I'm doing a good job!" She is also giving high-fives, which is super cute. She has stopped waving but I'm sure it's just because she is focusing on these new arm movements and gestures.

She also has started walking a lot more than before. She used to only take a few steps at a time, and then be done. OR have to be enticed to walk towards something (mom, dad or a favorite toy). Now she will walk long distances (across the room!) and does it regularly. I would say she now splits her time evenly between walking and crawling, but I think once she learns how to stand on her own (without using a piece of furniture, wall or person to help her) she will start walking full time. 

And, with much less anticipation and pain as previous ones, she got her eighth tooth! I didn't even notice that it was coming in until it actually popped through the gums. But that would probably explain some of her skipped naps lately (I thought those were due to the walking milestone that she was reaching). So that completes the first eight teeth that babies normally get first. Next it's on to molars and incisors, which I have heard make the first eight look like a walk in the park! Hopefully we have some time before those ones start to come in.


No comments:

Post a Comment