Sunday 12 May 2013

My First Mother's Day

This time last year I was still pregnant and eating as many of these birthday cupcakes as I could. This year I got to celebrate my very first Mother's Day. It wasn't fancy, it wasn't elaborate but it was just perfect. We've had a pretty good streak of awesome weather here in Houston and today did not disappoint. I got to sleep in while Brian took care of Kaitlin (all the way until 7:30am! I felt like a new woman!)

When Kaitlin got up from her nap she and her dad presented me with my Mother's Day and birthday presents! I absolutely love them and can't wait to hang them on my wall!


We spent the rest of the day lounging by the (baby) pool, riding bikes and playing in the park. OK, so most of the day was still centered around Kaitlin - but it was pretty great none the less. Brian and I were able to sneak out during the afternoon and go to one of our local beer gardens for a quick drink. It was nice to steal some time away just the two of us on this very special day!




wish i had remembered to brush my hair before snapping this photo...but i'm glad we got it, none the less
I am so very grateful for this little person that made me a mother. She has opened my eyes and allowed me to love more than I ever thought was possible. I learn something new about her - and myself - every day. Being a mother isn't easy; in fact it's probably the hardest and most challenging job I have ever had, but it certainly is the best job in the whole world. It's loud and messy and happy and sad and smelly and smiley and so very, very exciting. And I couldn't have done any of it without my own mom - by learning from her (when I didn't even realize it) and for her unending support in raising this little one. So many wonderful things I am thankful for each and every day, but maybe just a little bit more, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment