Tuesday 28 February 2012

Twenty-nine Weeks

Well - we made! We have arrived in Houston and are all settled in to our temporary housing while we wait to close on our house. Week twenty-nine has been an exciting one for the baby (and us) so far, and even included a visit to her new doctor. I am happy to report that the babies heartbeat at todays appointment was right on target. She was squirming around so much that the nurse kept losing the heartbeat and had to tell her to stay still!


Since I am now in my third trimester I will be having biweekly appointments instead of monthly. Towards the very end of the pregnancy that will increase again to weekly appointments. I am going to know that office like the back of my hand!

Baby has been getting the hiccups almost every day now since I started feeling them the other week. Sometimes she even gets them two or three times a day! She should be weighing in at about 3 lbs this week - give or take a half a pound (knowing this little one shes probably up to 3.5 lbs already) - approximately the size of an acorn squash! She should measure about 15-16" so far, meaning she has another 4-6" left to grow before she arrives. All the books say that she will triple in weight as well - but I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't get to be as big as 9lbs! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment