Tuesday 5 March 2013

Watch Me Grow - Week Forty One

Truth be told - I nearly forgot to post this this week. Monday night came rolling around and I didn't have anything prepared, I hadn't even thought about it all weekend!


Remember when I said that we hadn't baby proofed our kitchen yet because Kaitlin hadn't figured out how to open the kitchen cabinets? Well, that all came to a screeching halt last week. She has figured out that all of those lovely doors can open! She also figured out that if she holds onto the top of the door instead of the handle her little fingers will get pinched - ouch! She is also figuring out how to open drawers (mainly on the dresser in her room); I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before she starts trying to climb those drawers! So I will be busy baby proofing the kitchen and her bedroom this week. Having child proof locks on every. single. cabinet. will drive me mad, so I plan on slightly rearranging the cabinet contents and only putting locks on a few. That way if she wants to pull out pots and pans (and other items that won't hurt her) she can go right ahead, and I don't have to worry about her getting into the plastic bags and knives.

Kaitlin has become a couch cruising pro! She easily "walks" along all of the furniture and is even moving from one to another. I am slowly moving them further and further away from each other to encourage her to take bigger steps and rely less on holding on to the furniture. Naps and night sleep were majorly disrupted last week and I think a lot of it has to do with teething. Just when I am nearly at my breaking point, though, it seems to get better. We are starting to get back to her "regular" schedule (whatever the heck that means) and naps are slightly improving. Her top front teeth are coming in quickly - it's so cute to see her with (almost) a full smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment