Monday 12 March 2012

Thirty-one Weeks

Here we go - week number thirty-one!

Please excuse the exhausted look on my face. I think I got a little ahead of myself last week when I said I still had a lot of energy. That energy seems to be waning. Considering how much I have going on right now I still think I'm doing pretty well, but where I used to be able to go 3-4 days at full speed before having a rest day, I'm now finding that the max I can do is 2 days in a row before needing to take a breather. Literally a deep breath as well as a bit of a rest - this baby is making it harder and harder for me to breathe! The ongoing bronchitis doesn't help, but I find myself getting winded by just talking on the phone and folding laundry at the same time (that couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that I haven't worked out in about three months...could it?)

Our little gymnast is still twisting and turning and kicking all around, though I think she only has a couple more weeks of freedom before she gets too big to move around like a maniac. I'm going to miss the feeling of her in my tummy once she's born, but it will be nice not to feel like there's an alien trying to escape from my belly button. One other thing I am looking forward to once she is born is sleeping any way I want! Imagine the possibilities - on my back, or my stomach, or my side or any combo of the three!! Not that I will have much time to sleep...but I'm ignoring that little fact for the time being.


We are getting so excited to meet our little girl. I keep imagining more and more what it will be like - what she will be like. And even though the thought of actually having to take care of a baby - MY baby - still terrifies me, I'm getting more and more excited. There's only nine weeks left now! April is chock full of baby classes - everything from lamaze to infant care to baby CPR. As you can imagine Brian is SUPER excited for all of them ;) but I really think it will help prep us and (hopefully) calm some of our nerves.

Either that or it will completely freak us out and we will run away screaming from the hospital as fast as we can.

It's a toss up really.

I am off to New York this week for two fabulous baby showers thrown by my super generous mother and mother-in-law. I can't wait to spend some time with friends and family and actually have a chance to relax! No appointments or house related tasks to do - hopefully I'll look and feel more rested after this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment