Saturday 27 October 2012

Watch Me Grow - Twenty Three Weeks

Kaitlin's rapid growth continued this week - she is a woman on the (almost) move!


I couldn't even get her to lay still to take this photo, this was the best I could get. This week she learned that, when on slick surfaces (think hardwood and tile floors) she can move around a lot easier than when she's on carpet! She can turn herself around in circles - and will even follow your voice to turn around, makes for some fun round and round games - on any kind of surface. But when she's on the slippery surfaces she can scoot herself backwards with her legs and by pushing with her hands. If she isn't crawling by Thanksgiving (or earlier!) I will be shocked.

She gets really frustrated now when she can't reach something or wiggle her way over to get it. She tries with all her might though, so she gets an A for effort. She loves to pick up EVERYTHING in sight - it's gotten to the point that I have to hide things if I don't want her to lunge for it. Almost as soon as she gets it in her hands she drops it or shakes it and throws it. She loves to have mommy play the game "how-many-times-will-she-pick-it-up-for-me-after-I-drop-it". Mommy isn't *as* amused as she is.

Also new this week - she has started to love teething toys. We have a few that are filled with water that you can make cold in the fridge and a washcloth doll that you freeze the knotted ends and she loves all of them. I don't know if it's because she is actually teething or if she just loves to chew on everything nowadays and she just prefers the cold stuff. I can't feel any teeth coming in yet, so I guess we'll see! I can't wait to see what new things she learns next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment