Tuesday 8 May 2012

Thirty-nine Weeks

Thirty-nine weeks and three days to be exact. And zero progress from last week. 

I just got back from my weekly doctors appointment and while everything is still going A-O-K, there hasn't been any progress from last week (or the week before, for that matter). Which is fine, technically it's still early - but boy are we anxious for her to get here! I think most first time moms are convinced that their little one is going to arrive early (inexperience? wishful thinking?) and then many of them don't. I've been trying to remind myself that the due date is really just an estimate, not a concrete date, and that if she arrives anytime between now and next weekend and is healthy we should consider ourselves extremely blessed.

(and actually my original due date was May 15th, but shhhhh - don't tell the baby that) 


I have been going on walks every day to try and encourage her to move down, whether this is in vain or not I'll never really know. Either way, it makes me feel better and I get to explore our neighborhood - both of which are awesome. I've taken the last week really easy and am starting to get antsy, so I think I'll be starting up some small projects around the house. If nothing else it will focus my attention on something other than her arrival and cross a few more items off our to-do list.

While we are so excited for Baby C to arrive, I can't help flip-flop between supercrazyexcited and supercrazyscaredashell. Sometimes I think to myself - "I can't wait to meet this little person, start to get my body back to normal, be able to stand/sit/lay down for longer than 20 minutes at a time". And almost as soon as that thought completes itself in my brain another thought jumps right in - "Oh god - but when she's here it's going to be so crazy, I'm going to be even more exhausted than I am now, my body is going to go through some weird ass changes that I don't even want to think about right now much less go through".

But mostly I am excited :)

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how similar I feel. Thank you for sharing this...I'm so glad I'm not alone. :D And you look amazing! :D

    Caroline
    chocolate & carrots

    ReplyDelete