Saturday 16 June 2012

Watch Me Grow - Four Weeks

Four weeks old?! 

Wha-tha-WHAT?!

How on earth does that happen? Someone please tell me.

I feel like this past week has been particularly awesome. Kaitlin has been a rock star - she really doesn't cry too much anymore (of course she still cries quite a bit - she is a newborn after all) and we have really started to get into a groove. I am starting to see patterns in her eating and sleeping, which helps to create some sort of routine for both of us.

I'm pretty sure she went through a growth spurt at the end of the week - apparently three weeks is a big time for growth in babies - because she was eating like a champion. My new name for her is hungry hungry hippo, she's definitely packin' on the ounces which is what we like to see! I'm going to get her weighed this week at the doctors, it will be interesting to see how much she has gained since her last visit!


I can't believe that she is going to be ONE MONTH OLD on Tuesday - what an AMAZING month it has been!

My sister has been in town for a few days this week and it's been GREAT! She has done an awesome job at babysitting and has been a huge help around the house. It has been so nice to have an extra set of hands around here to help out during the day...and it's even better since it's my sister! My in-laws will be here next week which will also be great - more help around the house and we are SO excited for them to meet their granddaughter!

Kaitlin has developed and grown a lot this week. She is throwing out smiles left and right (I'm sure they are still just because of gas but I'll take it!) and she has started making little noises other than crying. She's discovering her tongue more and more each day and is starting to get the hang of putting her fist in her mouth - on purpose and not just on accident like before. We have had lots of tummy time this week and her neck is getting a lot stronger. I can't wait to see how she continues to grow and develop over the next few weeks and months - it's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment